If you have any questions about these examples or would like to suggest improvements or new examples, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working with gridded environmental data
- Converting HDFs to ArcGIS rasters
- Sampling time series rasters
- Converting MODIS HDFs with sinusoidal projections to ArcGIS raster format
- Extracting ArcGIS rasters from the HYCOM global ocean model's 4D netCDFs
Important note: MGET now includes tools that automate the procedure of downloading and converting various products to rasters. There is no need to manually download and convert files for these products. To find these tools, look under MGET's Data Products toolset for tools beginning with the word Create Rasters. There are also tools for directly sampling products without resorting to the procedure described in the Sampling time series raster example above. To find these tools, look in the Data Products toolset for tools beginning with Interpolate.
Modeling species habitat and biodiversity
- Modeling species habitat with environmental predictor variables - includes downloadable example and video-recorded presentation
- Downloading species observations from the Ocean Biogeographic Information System (OBIS) with the DiGIR protocol (under construction)
- Calculating species diversity index grids from species presence points (under construction)