Ticket #295 (assigned Task: null)
Start a Movement Toolbox
|Reported by:||bbest||Owned by:||jjr8|
Description (last modified by bbest) (diff)
This is a placeholder for development of a movement toolbox, which deserves more thought. Ideally, we could:
- Import from data:
- csv with Argos' 2 sets of locations
- Argos DIAG format
- into a special feature class?
- Filter from points of data, based on:
- location class
- speed, distance and angle (Frietas, 2008)
- Generate Track, ie line feature class, possibly with:
- straight lines
- berzier's spline (Tremblay, 2006)
- Interpolate points along track, using:
- probable location, using Bayesian state-space model (Jonsen,
- kernel density
- LoCoH - Local Convex Hull Homerange Generator with web, R and ArcGIS interfaces availble ( Getz et al, 2007).
- Other refs:
- Aarts, G, M MacKenzie, B McConnell, M Fedak, et al. 2008. Estimating space-use and habitat preference from wildlife telemetry data. Ecography.
- kernel density
R Libraries and Scripts
I (Ben Best) wrote some R scripts written for projects Nemo (Catherine McClellan?) and Tortugas (Dana Wingfield).
- R packages
- R scripts
- filter_argos_all.R - program to filter locations using speed, distance, angle filters from argosfilter package (Nemo)
- filter_land.R - filters out points on land (Nemo)
- sim_crw_v2.r - simulates a correlated random walk, sampling a given track's set of turn angles and distances, redoing if on land. can be used as the null model for pseudo-absence data in development of a predictive model
- generation of pseudo-absence points for comparison
- incorporation of surface current movement
- ArcGIS tools
- Web services